Maha Jiban is a charitable not-for-profit Organization. We work for the welfare of street children, provide education in a child-friendly way, help ill people, support old homeless women, and more!
Our present activities are as follows:-
1) We rescue, rehabilitate and educate Street children and children residing at the Railway station, who are vulnerable to physical and sexual abuse.
2) We rescue and send to shelter homes, those children who are orphans or whose parents are addicted to drugs or alcohol and force those children into begging and flesh trade. So far we have rescued 50 girls and boys from different Railway stations like Sheoraphuli, Bandel, Rosulpur, and Bardhaman. They are now at different homes like SOS Children's Villages Kolkata, and others are at Probortok, Uttarpara home, etc.
3) Some children with parents could not be sent to shelter homes, so we try rehabilitating them in their respective places. There are 100 such children. For this, we undertake the following methods:
Apart from that we also carry out the following works:
4) We financially support poor patients undergoing treatment for terminal diseases.
5) We rescue and rehabilitate old abandoned people from streets and Railway stations.
6) We support the regular treatment of differently abled children from humble backgrounds. We bear the expense of physiotherapy, medicines, conveyance for admitting them to the hospital, consulting doctors, buying medicines and buying equipment necessary for their treatments.
7) We support unprivileged meritorious students of class 10th and 12th with their education by providing their tuition fees and books or hostel expenses.
8) We carry out relief works at various places devastated by natural calamities like cyclones and floods.
9) We have also carried out health camps and distributed free medicines to the flood-affected people of Sundarbans.
10) We have also purchased land to build a school for underprivileged children in Rosulpur, Burdwan.